Irritable Male Syndrome
- Term describing the mood instability seen in men suffering from andropause (“low testosterone syndrome”, “Low T”)
- Also known as “Grumpy Old Man Syndrome”
- Results from hormone balance—especially in men between the ages of 40 and 60
- Often results from high cortisol levels resulting from stress and low testosterone levels
Men respond in different ways—some act out and behave badly towards others, while other men hold in their feelings and become depressed and socially isolated. Men with Irritable Men Syndrome can be:
Estrogen Levels and Irritable Male Syndrome
High estrogen levels can contribute to this syndrome. The main source of this imbalance is a declining level of testosterone associated with andropause and aging.
Other factors that can contribute to andropause-related mood swings include:
- Weight Gain: Because fat cells produce estrogen from testosterone, the resulting combination of higher estrogen levels and lower testosterone levels
- High levels of the stress hormone cortisol diminish testosterone levels
- Certain medications can also cause hormonal imbalances
The Solution: Treatment for Irritable Male Syndrome
Most Men experiencing Irritable Male Syndrome are in denial and find fault with everyone but themselves. If you have Irritable Male Syndrome you may have difficulty both recognizing it AND admitting that that something has changed—that something is wrong with you.
If you have some or many of the above behaviors seen with this condition, you are probably suffering from hormonal imbalance. Hormone imbalances are not just a woman thing! They are very common in middle aged and older men, and most men find hormone replacement therapy extremely rewarding.
Feeling better is a phone call or an email away. It’s time to find out if your quality of life and overall health can be improved.
Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy right for you? Call us today at (855) 204-4448 or e-mail us at email@example.com to learn if you may qualify to join our elite list of clientele. We look forward to helping you live better, look younger, and live a longer life.